20th AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science
On behalf of the AGILE council, we cordially invite you to participate at the 20th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science, scheduled to take place in May 2017 at Wageningen University, The Netherlands!
Societal geo-innovation is the theme for the 20th AGILE conference. Twenty years is an impressive time span in a rapidly changing society. The conference is a great event to discuss the embedding of geo-information in society: What has been the societal impact of geo-innovations over the past 20 years? What state-of-the art geo-information science topics will boost societal changes within the nearest future?
Call for Papers
- Potential contributors are invited to submit:
Full-paper submission (maximum 6000-word manuscript) of original and unpublished fundamental scientific research. High-quality scientific submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the Springer Lecture Notes on Geoinformation and Cartography. We especially encourage PhD students to submit full papers. Papers must be written in English according to the Springer formatting guidelines.
Note: AGILE 2015 is running a blind review process. In preparing your manuscript, do not include any information which could reveal your identity, or that of your co-authors. The title section of your manuscript should not contain any author names, email addresses, or affiliation status. In the body of your submission, you should eliminate all direct references to your own previous work. That is, avoid phrases such as “this contribution generalizes our results for XYZ”. Also, please do not disproportionately cite your own previous work. In other words, make your submission as anonymous as possible. We need your cooperation in our effort to maintain a fair, blind reviewing process.
- Short paper submission (2000 to 3000-word manuscript) of original and unpublished research work. High-quality scientific and strategic (industrial and governmental) submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the AGILE proceedings volume (with ISSN). Papers must be written in English according to the submission template and formatting guidelines.
- Poster submission (500 to 1000-word manuscript) of original scientific and strategic research work. High-quality submissions will be accepted for poster presentations at the conference and provide the exceptional opportunity to stimulate scientific discussions and exchange novel ideas. Papers must be written in English according to the submission template and formatting guidelines.
Contributors are invited to submit papers and abstracts on all topics within the fields of Geographic Information Science. However since the theme is Societal Geo-Innovation and since we celebrate the 20th conference five sessions are organised that pay special attention to developments and applications that contribute to the first 5 goals of the 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations. These are:
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Contributors are specially invited to contribute to these sessions. We would also be interested in papers dedicated to the impact of 20 years of geo research.
- Full paper submission: November 14h 2016
- Pre-conference workshop proposal: November 14th 2016
- Notification of workshop acceptance: December 7th 2016
- Notification of full paper acceptance: January 12st 2017
- Camera-ready full paper copies due: January, 30th 2017
- Short paper and poster submissions: January 30th 2017
- Notification of short paper and poster acceptance: February 20th 2017
- Camera-ready short paper copies due: March 13th 2017
- Early registration: March 27st 2017
- Conference: May 9th – 12th 2017
More information is available at http://www.agile-online.org